CONECTUS wishes to recognize, appreciate and support activities of young talents devoted to applied superconductivity through its Award for Students and Early Career Professionals. The award will, for the first time be awarded within the EUCAS 2023 conference in Bologna, Italy, September 3-7, 2023.
The awarded candidates will receive a certificate, a superconducting medallion and a financial award: 1st place € 1,000, 2nd place €500, 3rd place €250.
Call for Nominations Open
Nominations may be made by anyone working in the field of applied superconductivity and meeting the following Nomination Criteria:
- Age max. 35 years (at 1st of January of the year of award i.e. 01.01.2023)
- Paper (published or unpublished) describing the work to be evaluated as basis for the evaluation (if published, no older than 1 year, i.e. not before 1st of January of previous year)
- Work must be clearly related to future or potential industrial superconductivity application.
- Application must be supported by a supporting letter from industry
- Work must be related to one of EUCAS topics (Electronics, Material, Large Scale).
- The applicant must be registered at EUCAS.
Those who wish to take part and meet the above criteria should send an email to the Award Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
The email with the nomination must include:
- the candidate’s detailed contact information (full name, address, country, affiliation/organization)
- the candidate’s paper to be evaluated by the Committee
- the candidate’s CV and a publication list
- a letter of support from an industrial partner or a potential industrial user supporting the relevance of the work presented
All nomination emails must be received no later than June 9, 2023.
NOTE: Use only PDF format for attachments to your email. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt of your nomination email within 3 business days, please contact CONECTUS again.
The Award Committee will evaluate the nominations based on their scientific value and industrial relevance.
Representatives of Conectus
Representatives of EUCAS Scientific Committees
Representatives of ESAS Board