CONECTUS wishes to recognize, appreciate and support activities of young talents devoted to applied superconductivity through its Award for Students and Early Career Professionals. The award has been awarded for the first time within the EUCAS 2023 conference in Bologna, Italy, September 3-7, 2023.
Next call for awards application is planned in connection with EUCAS 2025.
2023 Award Winners
1st and 2nd prize (shared position) Dr. Takanori Motoki from Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan
for his work: Development of homogeneous and high-performance REBCO bulks with various shapes by the single-direction melt growth (SDMG) method
Filip Antoncik from CAN SUPERCONDUCTORS, Czech Republic for his work:
Novel Approach for the Manufacture of Low Porosity, Single Grain EuBCO/Ag Bulk Superconductors Via Modified single-Direction Melt Growth
3rd prize Dr. Cornelia Hintze from THEVA for her work on High-temperature Superconductors for Magnetic Billet Heaters and for urban medium voltage electricity networks.
The awarded candidates receive a certificate, a superconducting medallion and a financial award: 1st place € 1,000, 2nd place €500, 3rd place €250.
Call for 2023 nominations is closed now, visit this page later for details of the new call.
Nominations may be made by anyone working in the field of applied superconductivity and meeting the following Nomination Criteria:
- Age max. 35 years (at 1st of January of the year of award i.e. 01.01.2023)
- Paper (published or unpublished) describing the work to be evaluated as basis for the evaluation (if published, no older than 1 year, i.e. not before 1st of January of previous year)
- Work must be clearly related to future or potential industrial superconductivity application.
- Application must be supported by a supporting letter from industry
- Work must be related to one of EUCAS topics (Electronics, Material, Large Scale).
- The applicant must be registered at EUCAS.
Those who wish to take part and meet the above criteria should send an email to the Award Committee: email@example.com
The email with the nomination must include:
- the candidate’s detailed contact information (full name, address, country, affiliation/organization)
- the candidate’s paper to be evaluated by the Committee
- the candidate’s CV and a publication list
- a letter of support from an industrial partner or a potential industrial user supporting the relevance of the work presented
NOTE: Use only PDF format for attachments to your email. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt of your nomination email within 3 business days, please contact CONECTUS again.
The Award Committee will evaluate the nominations based on their scientific value and industrial relevance.
Representatives of Conectus
Representatives of EUCAS Scientific Committees
Representatives of ESAS Board